An Adventure

The eyes of a child see things so amazingly at times. You know. The times when they aren't having a fit or fighting a sibling or sass talking thier momma! Yeah...those beautiful times.
Aaaaanyhow! Tonight as I readied myself for dinner preparation our eldest, Lilly, approached with a request. "Momma, can I pleeeeeaase have a glue stick. I really want to make a craft for you and daddy!". She continued,

"It's a secret. But I am going on an adventure looking for signs of Spring. And there's really something I'd like to do.....but I Nnnneeeed a glue stick please!".

Eventually I got her the glue stick and she disapprered. Finn could be heard saying "Yyyyaaahhh!" and swinging sticks that were swords or something at branches...he was chopping at them. He then proceeded to attempt to teach Sylvi how to do it. Frustration ensued and Sylvi is not the most coordinated cookie!

Grill was on. Tostadas were cooking. Beans were hot and my tray was full...ready to carry to the table on the patio where we eat each and every evening in the spring (summer and fall!).

As I grabbed the tray with both hands and turned around I almost stumbled over a sweet little face...sneaky face. Lilly was standing there with something behind her back. She handed it to me and said "Just wait, the other kids made you something too! Do you like it? It's the signs of spring I found!".


And they did...they created a plethora of pine cones with flowers and leaved adheared to them with Glue Stick! The beauties will wilt before morning, but for the evening...the thought of thier 'adventure' to discover the signs of spring warmed my heart as these lay atop my kitchen window sill.
What an adventure this life can be....IF we are willing to look for it.




Comments

Miss said…
how TOTALLY precious!

I love them!
Ehlan said…
very adorable, and creative!

Popular Posts