Something about it....

I always said growing up that I would never stay in Minnesota. That I just wasn't mean to live here. I enjoy some winter things, but generally winter is far too long for me and I have a difficult time managing myself during those long days.

Alas, here I reside and plan to for some time....

This has caused me a great deal of appreciation for the springs arrival each year. Especially now, with 4 very small children, the arrival of spring signals so many physical changes. But it also signals a mental shift for me.

It allows me to relax a bit. I'm not certain why, but the sunshine allows me to sit. It allows me to sit even with a sink of dishes or a dirty bathroom floor. It allows me to relax.

It's almost as if there is a switch inside of me that mellows me out the moment it's flipped...and spring flips it!



Anyhow...all of this to say that I am here! In my mellow, relaxed summer residence. The residence I take up of

-keeping children up too late

-taking children out early

-mealtime is whenever we feel like it

-nap time is not a necessity

-some clothing is optional (shirts, shoes and the like)

-schedules are very optional

-drop-ins are preferred

-last minute plans are welcomed

This has, however, also led to my camera being left by the wayside most of the time.

So even though the above photos have NOTHING to do with this post..they're all I had!

**And yes, this is ANOTHER time my children had their faces painted**

Comments

Great pics! Me? Said I'd never stay in Minnesota either...sigh.

Popular Posts