Oh yes....

While I am on the subject I just recalled another odd (to say the least) moment with my children. Allow me to set the stage.
Myself and all 4 of my children were on our way to the grocery store. I, in my usual manner, wore Pearl and held Sylvi while holding Finn's hand who then holds Lilly's hand. It is the best way to make sure that all children are present and accounted for. So there we are walking through the parking lot when it happens. A sole woman pushing a cart out of the store stops...dead.in.her.tracks. She is about half way across the road in the entrance of the mega store. Not only is she holding up a car who is trying to pass...but then she starts clapping. Now believe me....if I were you I too would think you were joking. There she stood...midway across the street with her cart, blocking traffic and she's clapping. She is looking at me and my gang with a huge smile on her face, but mutters no words.
You can imagine my confusion at first...Who is this lady? Who is she clapping for? Is she clapping for me? WHY?
And then as we pass I smile and she utters these words, "You deserve it!". FOR WHAT? For walking in the grocery store with all of my children?

Anyhow...I get it. Some people are not '4 children under 4' kind of people. But I am...and I am blessed by it daily. Hard at times? Heck yeah! But I love it none the less.

Comments

Miss said…
that is HILARIOUS!!!! I can NOT believe she CLAPPED!!

I guess its better than booing! =) haha
Rachel said…
wait, she clapped and then said you deserved the clapping? That's odd.
Rachel said…
ps i totally agree with miss! hahaha...

Popular Posts